Friday, August 12, 2016

Artspace Lofts Applications Available August 15th

Several Application Workshops Also Scheduled

By Armando Landin

Residents interested in applying for a live/work unit at the upcoming Artspace Lofts can pick up an application beginning next week through the El Paso Community Foundation.

The Artspace El Paso Lofts, currently under construction Downtown, will release applications to potential residents beginning August 15, 2016. (Artspace)

Artspace officials will hold an "Application Release Celebration" on August 15, 2016, at Cafe Mayapan from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m., located at 2000 Texas Avenue, east of Downtown El Paso.

Those applying can attend one of several planned application workshops to be held in the coming weeks. The meetings will be held:

Thursday, August 20 - 5:30-7:00 p.m.
Main Library, 501 N. Oregon Street

Saturday, August 20 - Noon-2:00 p.m.
Jose Cisneros Cielo Vista Library, 1300 Hawkins Boulevard

Tuesday, August 23 - 5:30-7:00 p.m.
Main Library, 501 N. Oregon Street

Wednesday, August 24 - 4:00-5:30 p.m.
Westside Library, 125 Belvidere Street

Thursday, August 25 - 5:30-7:00 p.m.
El Paso Museum of Art, One Arts Festival Plaza, C2 Gallery

Friday, August 26 - 2:00-4:00 p.m.
Judge Edward Marquez Library, 601 N. Yarbrough Drive

Saturday, August 27 - 4:00-6:00 p.m.
Richard Burges Library, 9600 Dyer Street

The four-story structure will include 51 loft units, 5,000 square feet of multi-purpose nonprofit commercial space, and a large space available for meetings or exhibitions. The live/work units will be considered affordable for artists and their families.

(Previously: Artspace El Paso Lofts to Open November 2016)

The Artspace El Paso Lofts building is currently under construction at the corner of Oregon Street and Missouri Avenue in Downtown El Paso and is scheduled for completion in November.

More information: www.artspace.org/our-places/artspace-el-paso-lofts

4 comments:

1. I happen to like the first original architectural rendering of the ArtSpace Lofts!In the first rendering the ArtSpace Lofts was suppose to be Five stories tall more residential friendly more roomy with plenty of elbow and leg space.
    This artspace lofts has the cheaper confinement look to it as it has been scaled down and short changed by one floor.And that don't include the building redesign making it look like a detention facility or detox holding tank.
    The building material went from steel to wood so hopefully the wood is fire retardant. Regardless of my opinion about the Artspace Lofts,maybe they'll be others,it helps populate downtown.It also is a boost for the ongoing downtown revitalization process and helps bring more entrepreneurs to El Paso or create news ones.

ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait, you're telling me that they made them out of wood instead of the usual steel? That isn't going to hold up in the winter when the heater gets turned on. And the fact that there have been reports of bugs being infested in some of these apartments make even me nauseous, I think I'll have you ask them a ton of questions and if the answers aren't satisfactory enough, I'll take my chances elsewhere.

2. Wait, you're telling me that they made them out of wood instead of the usual steel? That isn't going to hold up in the winter when the heater gets turned on. And the fact that there have been reports of bugs being infested in some of these apartments make even me nauseous, I think I'll have you ask them a ton of questions and if the answers aren't satisfactory enough, I'll take my chances elsewhere.

3. Only the ground floor is made out of steel and the top three floors are made out of wood! I myself would never move into any apartment or condominium made out of wood that is three floors or more in height.
      I've seen when wooden apartments go up in flames like wooden match sticks in a match box.Otherwise these new Artspace Lofts are still reasonable for habitational use for artist.