The building looked much different earlier this year after decades of inactivity left the structure empty and with a previously “renovated” look. The brown and beige façade covered up historic brickwork and details.
|Mulligan building prior to construction |
this year. (www.insituarc.com)
Two months ago, the building was renamed from the “Luther” to the “Mulligan” Building in honor of John Mulligan, the Irish immigrant who built the structure in 1915.
The $13.7 million project should be completed later this year, according to In*Situ’s website (www.insituarc.com). The building will house the City’s Information Technology and Engineering & Construction Management departments.