|Two infill projects are planned for Sunset Heights in El Paso.|
The second project will go up at 1207 Los Angeles Drive, only two blocks away from the first project. This larger property will house a seven unit, two-story apartment building, ranging from one to three bedrooms. Elevations show what appears to be a craftsman design and include tapered columns, decorative vents, exposed beams, and balconies. Several units will also have one- or two-car garages accessible from the rear.
The third project is located at 1107 Magoffin Avenue and will be a combination apartment and office building. It will include three one-bedroom apartments and a two-office suite. The exterior will be brick and include brick columns supporting an upstairs balcony porch. This project is located one block east of the brand new Magoffin Park Villas apartment building.
All three projects are located in historic districts and must receive approval from the Historic Landmark Commission to move forward with construction. The Commission's duty is to ensure:
• Any new construction must be compatible in size, texture, color, design, proportion
and detail to adjacent buildings and streetscapes.
• New structures should respect the integrity of existing buildings.
• Setbacks, proportion, rhythm, and building elements should all be addressed.
• The predominant existing building line must be maintained.
• All new construction should preserve and enhance the streetscape.
The Historic Landmark Commission will consider these projects at its July 23, 2012 meeting.
Historic Landmark Commission meeting agenda: http://www.elpasotexas.gov/econdev/preview_mtng.asp?meetingid=1715
Central Project Highlights City's Infill Incentives