The City has submitted an application to the Historic Landmark Commission (HLC) for right of way improvements to and beautification of San Antonio Avenue in Downtown El Paso. The area of focus is between El Paso and Stanton Streets.
• Sidewalks should be enhanced by installing brick pavers (or other decorative materials) along the edges and/or intersections.
• Existing planting boxes should be removed. Instead trees with tree grates should be installed.
• All sidewalks should have handicap accessibility.
• Trees should have tree grates and vertical tree guards similar to those at Pioneer Plaza.
• Street furniture should be consistent with the character of the historic landmarks within the district.
• Street furniture should be selected, place and maintained as part of the overall design scheme.
Historic Landmark Commission Item: http://www.elpasotexas.gov/development_services/meetings/hlc0326121600/PHAP12-00005%20San%20Antonio%20St.pdf
City Council Agenda: http://www.elpasotexas.gov/muni_clerk/agenda/04-10-12/04101212.pdf